ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
CITIZENSHIP INVESTMENT PROGRAM
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP INVESTMENT: A brief guide and its benefits
Antigua and Barbuda is a country settled between the Atlantic Ocean and the Caribbean Sea. Positioned on 9th rank in size based on the Caribbean, Antigua and Barbuda is a developed nation.
Since 1981, Antigua and Barbuda have been part of the Commonwealth with English as the commonly spoken language. Its untainted seashores, stunning landscape, alongside its clear climate, make it one of the superior places in the Caribbean.
Antigua’s financial and political steadiness is one of the factors that attract tourism. It is a favorable nation for investment in business services.
This island is attracting tourists with its beautiful seashores and clean water. So, join the famous tourist destination and live the life of Antigua And Barbuda Island.
WHY CHOOSE Antigua And Barbuda?
Area of 442 square kilometers and a population of 80,000 people make Antigua and Barbuda one of the biggest Caribbean countries. The country’s citizenship program encourages the tourist to travel to 100 nations without having visa travel.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP INVESTMENT OPTIONS
Initiated in 2013, the Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship by Investment Program is one of the world’s latest citizenship investment projects. Candidates and their families may procure Antigua and Barbuda citizenship in return for a reliable contribution to the countries’ economy.
The government launched a citizenship by investment program that advances financial growth, infrastructural development, increments direct foreign investment, and supports sustainable development. Therefore, investors can browse a few choices to fit the bill for the program. Given below are 3 options of citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda through investment programs:
1. Charitable Donation and contribution to National Development Fund
2. Real Estate Investment
3. Business Establishment
1. Charitable Donation and contribution to National Development Fund
Contribution to the National Development Fund is a non-refundable investment made to a Government fund. The minimum amount of donation for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda relies upon the applicant’s number and age. Given below is the minimum contribution NDF (National Development Fund):
• Applicant having 4 family members: USD 100,000
• Applicant having 5 or more family members: USD 125,000
The applicant can also have other option for making a minimum contribution to UWI (University of the West Indies)
• Applicant having 6 family members: USD 150,000
• For each additional dependent member: USD 15,000
2. The Real Estate investment program
Applicants can make Real Estate investments on government-approved properties. Applicant can make real estate investment on
· Freehold property;
· Shares of Hotel;
· Fractional ownership or land
The amount of investment and the fee is given to the government process are payable once the applicant’s citizenship is approved.
Minimum Investment in real estate is USD 200,000, and this property must hold for 5 years.
With the investment in real estate, additional Government fees are to be paid by the applicant.
• For the main Applicant, the Government fee is USD 50,000
• For Spouse, the Government fee is USD 50,000
• For each dependent (if age is less than 18 years), the Government fee is USD 25,000
• For each dependent (older than 18 years and under 30 years), the Government fee is USD 50,000
3. The Business investment program
• Single applicant must invest in any certified business of at least USD 1,500,000 for; or
• For 2 or more applicants, the minimum investment in any certified business is USD 5,000,000, whereas every investor exclusively should contribute USD 400,000.
DUE DILIGENCE & BACKGROUND CHECKS
An Individual’s background verifications are payable to the Government who selects a due diligence agency. These offices utilize different worldwide and neighborhood sources. These expenses are payable upon the accommodation of the application.
• Due Diligence for the main applicant is USD 7,500
• Due Diligence for the spouse is USD 7,500
• Due Diligence for dependent member (under 12-17 years) is USD 2,000
• Due Diligence for dependent members (under 18-30 years) is USD 4,000
• Due Diligence for dependent Parent (over 55 years) is USD 4,000
Application processing fees
• Government application fee is $50,000 per person
• Due diligence fee is $7,500 per person
• Passport fee is $300 per person
Validity of passport
Antigua and Barbuda citizenship by investment plan is providing citizenship validity of five (5) years initially. After the renewal, the validity increases, and it becomes 10 years for persons 18 years old or above.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT: QUALIFICATIONS
In 2012, Antigua and Barbuda’s Citizenship by Investment Program were set up. To fit for citizenship, candidates should satisfy one of the speculation investment choices as well as meet the accompanying criteria:
1. Have a character certificate.
2. Don’t have any criminal record.
3. Have good health.
4. Have a reliable net worth to live in Antigua and Barbuda.
5. Reside with the relatives who are remembered for the country’s application for at least 5 days inside a time of five years.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT: DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
• Character certificate
• Medical certificate
• Police clearance certificate
• Current passport;
• Identification proof;
• Birth Certificate;
• Marriage Certificate if married
• Biometric Photos;
Only certified documents are required.
DEPENDENT FAMILY MEMBERS
1. Applicant’s Children comes in the category of dependent if their age is under 18
2. Applicant’s Parents who are financially dependent on applicant and are above 55 years
3. Financially dependent Adult Children and age up to 30
4. Unmarried applicant’s siblings
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT: PROCESS (BETWEEN 3-6 MONTHS)
• Prepare the required documents and submit them through an authorized agent. After this, 10% of government charges and due diligence fees should be paid by the applicant.
• Upon approval of the application on a fundamental level, the candidate, should finish the necessary speculation and pay the remaining government charges.
• Upon approval of the citizenship, the candidate and all dependent members will be needed to visit Antigua and Barbuda 5 days during the 5-year time frame to be qualified to renew their citizenship or passport.
ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA CITIZENSHIP BY INVESTMENT: BENEFITS
Antigua and Barbuda perceive double citizenship, which is a favorable benefit from a business point of view. This is also allowing relief from tax. There are many more advantages that you can cheer through Antigua & Barbuda citizenship. Here are a few:
1. Get approval for citizenship within 3-4 months.
2. children under 30 are included as a dependent member
3. grandparents over 55 are included as a dependent member
4. Physically or mentally weak children are also included in the list of dependent members who the main applicant fully supports.
5. Unmarried siblings and spouse are also included in the list of dependent members.
6. No need to reside in Antigua & Barbuda during the process of the citizenship application
7. You can get citizenship without having any interview or educational qualification.
8. Get a chance to travel to more than 130 countries without any visa (countries included are Schengen zone, Hong Kong, the U.K., Singapore, and more)
9. Tax relief on worldwide income.
Share Your Antigua and Barbuda Citizenship Needs!
Law Firm Istanbul WiklundKurucuk is one of the leading law firms, offering the best residency and citizenship programs through reliable investment options.
Our experts are providing you a comprehensive guide for Citizenship and Residence Planning.
When it comes to planning the best, we are still on top among all law firms. You can contact us anytime you are free.
Choose the right citizenship by investment plan for you and your family today!
We believe that the services offered by us will surely satisfy your needs and wants. So, avail the experience by visiting at WiklundKurucuk. We feel happy to serve you!